Text-to-Speech too fast

I slowed the reading of words as much as possible. I would like the time between words to be longer, I have tried more space between words, it does not work Do you have an idea?
Thanks for reading

See HERE for some ideas

Intersperse them with commas, at least a few dozen per word.

I haven’t tried this but you could make a list of the words, then feed one word at a time to text-to-speech via a Clock Timer Block. You could even have a spinner on the App GUI to allow the User to vary the speed.

Have you tried what the documentation suggests?

http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/reference/components/media.html#TextToSpeech

The documentation indicates:
Pitch

Sets the Pitch for TextToSpeech The values should be between 0 and 2 where lower values lower the tone of synthesized voice and greater values raise it.

Result

Result property getter method.

SpeechRate

Sets the SpeechRate for TextToSpeech. The values should be between 0 and 2 where lower values slow down the pitch and greater values accelerate it.

but the words for SpeechRate are incorrect. … lower values slow down the rate and greater values accelerate. Try 0.8 and tell us what happens.

hello, i already tried the commas, more space, i found no change. thanks anyway for the ideas :slight_smile:
I did not think working with a clock, I will see how to do it.
how to detect word by word in a label or a spinner?
to answer SteveJG that is the time between each word that I try to lengthen, not the voice. thank you

Try the attached Project :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Click on the image to see the full code, a pop-up will be displayed. Click on the image in the pop-up to see the code @ full scale.

SpeakWords.aia (4.0 KB)

1 Like

hello and thank you Chris Ward super code i tried this is exactly what i wanted to do. awesome thanks again. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

hello, I’m looking to make a list of 4 words continuous (in green), a list of 4 individual words (in blue), I can’t see the mechanism. Thank you for your help

Use the “list from csv row text” block from the Lists Palette

Hi

I can’t see what you can’t see? It looks like you have already achieved what you require?

thk TimAI2

Don't answer old topics that everyone has already forgotten. If you want to be helpful, reply to new topics sensibly and not with broken links to yt.