We are working toward the next release of App Inventor. ai2-test has been updated. This is a components release and will come with a new companion, which you can download from the test server (under Help > Companion Information). Some highlights in this release include:
- Apps now target Android 10.0 (SDK 29), required for submitting apps to Google Play starting August 1
- Copy and paste support in the design view
- App size increased to 30 MB
- Drag and drop projects into App Inventor (includes dragging links to AIAs posted in this community)
- Exported block PNGs are created at 144 dpi for higher quality images
- Components can be used as keys in dictionaries
For full release notes that you can comment on, please see this Google Doc:
A special thanks to all of our open source participants who have contributed features and patches in this release.
Evan W. Patton, Ph.D.
On behalf of the MIT App Inventor team