TCP/IP Extension

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the response. I downloaded the new aix and Imported it into my app, where I got a message that the Extention got updated.

I tried the same scenarios and I am still seeing the Null characters added. So let me describe my testing:

The two blocks send Hex-"E" "52" when button pushed down and then sends Hex-"e" "72" when up.

So I should see "5272"
And I'm getting "52007200"

The same scenario but with Hex off and the actual ASCII characters, I get "Ee"

I am using Realterm on a laptop to test the output of the Wifi/RS232 adapter.

So if you can not replicate on your side, I'm wondering if its a setting in Realterm or the Adapter...

1 Like

Ok, so you confirm that it Only happens when hexastringmode is enabled ?

Yes. At the end of every send data the Nul character gets added.

I checked the output in Realterm where Display was set to Hex this way I can easily see if I'm receiving the Nul character. The Nul character does Not get added in none Hexa mode and only gets added in Hexa mode with every send data.

Phone: Samsung S9+, Android 10

Hi Jean,

I need to apologize since I must have messed up with upgrading the Extention.
I was testing again but this time I used your test app. I first upgraded it to the latest Extention and then added a check box to toggle Hexa Mode. When the hex mode was enabled, I did not get the Nul character.

I went back to my app and clicked on the Extention where I notice that the number of blocks is not the same as the one I just upgrded to using your test app.

So I must have messed up the upgrade and did not use the latest version you provided. When I corrected my mistake, things worked as expected.

Thanks again for the great Extention, and quick response.

Hi Jean
I did an App with Kodular with your TCP/IP extension.
I tried with android emulator on my pc and its connecting, communicating without any error.
I tried with my real phone samsung s8 android9, the app hangs.
When i hit the connect to server, its connecting and then disconnecting about 2 or 3 seconds later. when that happens application hangs up.
Do you have any advice ?
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

Hello Jean

I am trying to use your ClientSocketA2IExt with my Android mobile to send data to an application running under Windows 10 environment. This application has a built-in socket listener which listens on port 6100. I send message to the application which is not get received unless I disconnect the socket. Any workaround. Basically I am sending Gyro data to the application.

Hi, could you also make a server socket, I really need it, thanks in advance.

I've found what I need.

Hello JRL,
Could you tell me if your extension is using the wss or ws mode (secured or not).
I could partially get it to work to a server that expects ws mode only.
I get connected, but was not able to exchange data, even though the APP reports
data sent and data received with nothing displayed.
Thx.

Hi, I also need to make a server socket which listens to a defined port, could you share your findings please? Thak you in advance

@Jean-Rodolphe_Letert, HELLO,
Has it been updated recently?
Can it set "character encoding"?For example, GBK。

Hello Jean-Rodolphe,
Your clientsocket worked like a charm for many years. Only lately the connection failed to establish.
I found out my provider has changed all the ip addresses to ipv6 and uses the ipv 4 addresses for internal traffic only meaning I need to connect through the ipv 6.

Is it possible to adapt the clientsocket for ipv6 or is there maybe something else obstructing my connection.

regards Atez

Hi, question - is this extension still works in 2022? When i try it i have (..)" java.lang.RuntimeException: no such class: com.gmail.at.moicjarod.ClientSocketAI2Ext gnu.bytecode.ObjectType.getReflectClass(ObjectType.java:179) (..)"
20+ more lines of error at connect via USB to Samsung +20FE

Hi Pawel. I'm currently using this extension on my project and it works fine. Nevertheless, I also got the same error you mention. Try connecting your phone via AI Companion in stead of USB just once and then connect again the way you prefer. That's how the error disappeared for me.

Gracias!

Greetings! there is esp32 on it telnet and a hosting name are implemented. Telnet works on port 23 - there is a connection when specifying a specific ip address. When you specify the name host - the connection is not performed - it says that there is no such name, (Socket Creation, please check Ip or hostname -> ). On the PC version of PuTTy, everything works both by host name and by ip address.
Does host name work for anyone?

i just tried, yes it does work with host name too : )