Take photo, save it and change filename

Yes, you don't need the label or the image component, they are just there for proof that it works! You might want to replace(in the "when TaifunFile1.Moved" event) with a notifier alert: "Image saved" or something similar....

1 Like

Check out this

Example.aia (2.2 KB)

1 Like

This is not working. I can't see saved picture in phone gallery. Do you know something about that?

2 Likes

Android version ?
File paths ?

Show your relevant blocks....

1 Like

this is the from example aia from @Oakchris1955
I tried on android 8, 9, and 10

2 Likes

and what exactly is not working?

Try in companion app and use Do It on your blocks to identify issues.

1 Like

Try this:

Android ≥ 10:

1 Like

On old android works. But in gallery shows only when I restart the phone (turn off and on).
On new android don't work at all..

1 Like

What doesn't work at all? The pic is created and saved in the ASD for Android 10+ devices.
But it seems that pics / images from the ASD are not shown in the Gallery.

On devices with Android < 10 you can try the TaifunTools.GalleryRefresh method.

yes, picture is saved, but it doesnt apear in the gallery after restarting a phone..
I tried gallery refresh metod, but im not sure if I put it right?

Yes, no image is displayed in the gallery that is saved in this path / folder or a subfolder:

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/

So pictures from the ASD are also not shown in the Gallery. The GalleryRefresh method does not change this.

So how ti get pictures in gallery on new androrid 10+?

With this path (ASD) it will most likely not be possible. I think images need to be saved in the MediaStore for this.

You have to NOT store the image in the ASD, which is default for Android 10+... this will work until App Inventor still targets SDK29... and later see this document how to store to shared directories

Taifun