Take a screenshot

Is there a way to save it in the gallery?

Copy it to shared storage then and use the GalleryRefresh method from the tools extension

Taifun

Can you give me some further explanation, because this is my first app and the save button is the only thing I need?

Which one of those will work?

to take a screenshot and store it in ASD
blocks

to copy it to EDIT: shared storage, for example /Download use the Copy method from the file component

Taifun

Thank you! This is the code to save it in the ASD right? How can I save it in the Gallery of the mobile phone or the files, so the user can access it anytime he wants?

As already mentioned

Taifun
PS: see also the EDIT in my last answer

How can I do that? Can you show me the code, if that is not a problem? The code you wrote works but I didn't understand how the user can access the screenshot in his gallery or the files of his phone. What do you mean by:

? What is the shared storage and how can I copy the screenshot there, so that the user can find it?

Read this Some basics on Android storage system
and use the file component together with the Copy method
And if you got stuck, post a screenshot of your relevant blocks

Taifun

If I use these blocks, where in the device will the user be able to find the screenshot?

Well, we already talked about this several times meanwhile... the screenshot will be saved in ASD...

And if you take a look at Label2.Texf, there you get the complete path to the taken screenshot...

Example taken from the documentation at App Inventor Extensions: Take Screenshot | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

Do I find this in the settings of the phone? Where is the storage?

How can the user access the ASD? Is it possible to move something from the ASD to the gallery of the phone?

The user can't access the ASD

The gallery app can display all images, which are stored in shared storage.. therefore as already said you have to copy the file from ASD to shared storage...

What abouf reading again the Some basics on Android storage system

Taifun

How do I do that?

Use a good file manager, for example Total Comnander to access the ASD of your app

Taifun

I have to do that before publishing the app or does the user have to do that in order to transfer the screenshots?

Use the file component and it's Copy method
as already said...
It is now time for you to try something...

Taifun

Thank you very much! I just found it. You have helped me a lot! :grinning: :partying_face: Sorry for asking too many questions but it is my first app and I have to finish it for a school project.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.