TaifunSettings - Brightness

I would appreciate to have some clarification about TaifunSettings for Brightness:

Note: you will have to build the app before being able to set the brightness mode, because the companion app does not offer the permission android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS .

Usually an APP is built in this sequence :

1. Designer sheet : Import Extension
  2. Blocks sheet : Pull "TaifunSetting1.Brightness" block
  3. At the top left of the blocks sheet : BUILD : APP(save .apk to my computer)

Question 1: Where "to build the APP before" fits in?

Question 2: Is it possible that even with the paid version, the permission (for brightness) is not granted sometimes?
Thank you.

Not granted

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking but because the companion doesn't have the proper permission you need to compile the .apk and install the app on your device in order for the brightness feature to work.

If I'm correct, the user has to grant the permission so if the user can choose to deny the app permission.

1 Like

Concerning question 1 and based on your response, maybe Taifun meant that the App will work only once on the device and not on the emulator. But nowadays most Apps work only once installed on the device.
For question 2, I believe your answer is correct.
Thank you Ken.

1 Like

as @Ken said

I don't know, if the built app will work in an emulator... probably also depending on the emulator... a good one should be able to do it... just try it to find it out yourself...

Taifun

1 Like

Back to my original question, what the note "to build the APP before" means; before what exactly? I always use my device to test. So if the APP - comprising the paid version of the "brightness" - is compiled like any other APP; it should always work providing that it runs on the eligible Android version?

this means you can't test it in the companion app, you have to build the app and test using the apk file

before being able to set the brightness mode
if you read the complete sentence, you might understand it?

here is the complete note again

Note: you will have to build the app before being able to set the brightness mode, because the companion app does not offer the permission android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS .

Taifun

Thank you Taifun.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.