Taifun Textbox Extension

I added this extension and when I execute the USB app, I get an error, "Can't find the Web1 extension", deleting this extension, the app works again.

If I move the StartEnterPressedListener to another location of the app, I get "False is not valid component" (something similar to this message)

What is the USB app?
Do the textbox test projects work for you?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Sorry. USB under the Connection option.
Without the extension, the textboxes work as designed.

error02

I get the same error with TextBoxPlus extension, as well.

What about this question

You can find the test projects on my webpage App Inventor Extensions: Textbox | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

Sorry. Misunderstood. Your test project does the same thing.

After this screen, the screen with the error I uploaded originally is displayed.

1. Are you using the AI2 emulator?

2. Try a different extension (e.g. NOT the Textbox extension), does the same thing happen?

How to avoid runtime errors with the companion app

1. After importing an extension, please restart the companion app.
  2. If you like to use an extension on a different screen, in Screen1 additionally drag the extension into the working area.

While starting the companion app, all necessary assets and also the imported extensions of your project will be copied to your device. So in case the no such class error shows up, the extension code to run the extension is not available on your device. Without that code the companion app is not able to execute methods from the extension

Taifun

When I connect through with the USB method, the companion app is not running, but starts itself when I connect and with the error, I would shut down the app.

What I did was reinstall the companion app on my phone and it now works, both your Test app and in my app, with no errors.

Thank you for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.