Taifun Camera: Disable camera flash

Hello. I am using Taifun Camera extension to automate phototaking. I tested it on Huawei Nova 3i and the flash wont activate when the phone sense that the luminance of the environment is sufficient.

I then tested on a mini phone KTouch M16 and for the same block of codes, the flash always activate even when the luminance of the environment is sufficient. Hence, I tried the following blocks to disable flash. However, there was no difference. Hope to get help. Thanks.

try the SupportedFlashModes method, see also the documentation App Inventor Extensions: Camera | Pura Vida Apps
supportedFlash

Get supported flash modes of the device.
Returns a list of supported flash modes of the device. You can set the flash mode in property FlashMode. If you choose a flash mode, which is not supported by the device, then auto will be used.

then use the FlashMode property together with one of these flash modes
which Android version do you use with these devices?

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

I am unsure on how to use it. The following is my block where I want to get the flashmodes available by reflecting it in a text. But what came out was []

I tried the below blocks but no changes are seen

The device is running on android version 8.1

The following is my block where I want to get the flashmodes available by reflecting it in a text. But what came out was

from your first screenshot it looks like your device does not support any flashmode...

use Do it to debug your blocks to find out, what the method returns... then use only one of these values and assign it to the FlashMode property... see also the example project from the download folder App Inventor Extensions: Camera | Pura Vida Apps

see also again the documentation

Get supported flash modes of the device.
Returns a list of supported flash modes of the device. You can set the flash mode in property FlashMode. If you choose a flash mode, which is not supported by the device, then auto will be used.

what happens, if you use the example project together with your device?

Taifun

@Taifun i need the camera extension. But the payment gate way has some problem kidly help me.

see our private conversation...
please refrain from discussing this in the public community. Thank you.

Taifun

I have pay the Taifun camera extension, my email is [mod_edit: personal information removed]

Please explain your problem.

@peipeng_wang
Please contact developer @Taifun
Any issue with code or error then explain your problem.