[REBORN !] TableView Extension Versions 3&4 (pre nb191) and 5 by @Ken

I followed your link above which led me to Kodular and then followed all the suggestions.
Which extension should I download?

Then the package name should be:

appinventor.ai_YOUR_EMAIL.YOUR_PROJECT_NAME

So if your email is hello@gmail.com and your project name is goodbye, then the package name is

appinventor.ai_hello.goodbye

Or if you do not want to manually figure out your package name, you can use the AppPackageName block in here.

1 Like

Thank You :cherry_blossom:
I set it up like this, but nothing happens when I click my "Export Table" button :sweat_smile:

your package name is incorrect, remove the @gmail.com

Unbenannt

Taifun

1 Like

thanks, I corrected but still nothing happens, ...all other blocks are correct?

this
Unbenannt

is also incorrect
to debug this, display the list, which is returned by the AppPermissionList method in a label to find out, if you have to use WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE or something else
it also might work together with the orange helper block

Taifun

where can I find it?
It should replace the block with "WriteExternalStorage"?

you can find it in the Screen drawer, see also

but first you should find out

Taifun

Dear Taifun :cherry_blossom:
I appreciate your answer, but this doesn't help me export my table.
I am aware that I have no competence in this branch of knowledge, even if I try my best to understand all these new words and concepts, and keep finding simple solutions to be able to carry out my project that I've already created in my mind :blush:
So I opened another topic: "What is the exact combination of blocks to export the table as an image or PDF?"
Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

let's come back to your previous question

just store the image in shared storage and you do not have to ask for write permission...
see also the overview

you might want to post the latest screenshot of your relevant blocks

Taifun
PS: @Ela 's thread continues here

I would be more than happy to help Robinson but I am on vacation on a remote island in Pacific right now and no PC. Here is an example of how I made use of Ken's extension. I also used a few row/column as selection buttons.

hello

How can I view the data in a table with this extension whose source is the csv file is hosted in a cloud or dropbox?

1. Download the csv file to your app
  2. Read the csv file with the File component
  3. Set the file contents to a csv table
  4. Import the csv table data to the tableview extension (TableView1.DataString)
  5. Build the Table

Wes_Savage, muchas gracias por su voluntad de ayudar a los demas.

At runtime, if I update values for an existing Table, how do I clear or delete the table before updating? Currently, the update gets appended to the existing.

Should be just a case of update the list, then using the setDataString block and the buildTable block ?

Tried that, the rows get appended to existing.

I have also tried setting the data to text nothing + build, and resetting the colour of the vertical array.

You simply can't delete or overwrite the table data string .... unless there is a specific character to use. I've tried data = "", data = " ", data = "0". They are ignored and the original data is retained.

If items of data are modified, the modifications are all there, but all the rows are appended to the existing rows. Running out of screen ink. :koala:

EDIT: The magic character to clear the table is '\n'

How are you going about updating a value in the table / list ?