[REBORN !] TableView Extension Versions 3&4 (pre nb191) and 5 by @Ken

We will have to wait and see...

1 Like

OK, I am still a newbie. Only just began learning this method of building software first week of December and am well advanced now. I appreciate your help (several times now) TIM. I figured out how to message Ken and did so. I am replying here because I am unable to message you directly.

My next tackle is to make uk.co.metricrat.chartmakerplusv3k1.aix work. I tinkered but no luck so far. This next week I will be working on making it happen.

Thanks again

I solved using a vertical arrangement with 40 pixel height and entire table (not only first line), but the problem is the horizontal scroll

Is this what you are looking for?

3 Likes

Yes, this is what I'm looking for.

1 Like

Since multiple people are asking for v4, I'll upload it here:

.aix:
com.kennicholsandroid.TableView (2).aix (24.1 KB)

.aia:
TableView_v4.aia (24.4 KB)

.aia with Horizontal Scroll:
TableView_v4_HS.aia (24.4 KB)

10 Likes

Hi Ken, thanks for sharing version 4, I tested your TableView_v4_HS, horizontal scroll runs well, but table columns were aligned to header columns, I need the opposite, test please this block

Try this

3 Likes

Thank you dora, i'm confused, I did not see this possibility.

1 Like

You may also need a clock timer when aligning columns...

3 Likes

I think you are right, why ? How can I do?

Like this

2 Likes

It runs well now :kiss: :kiss:

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad to hear it's working the way you want!

My blocks for showing a csv file

1 Like

@patel
This is how I found refreshing a matched set of TV has to be. It works perfectly.
01292022@081808¦110

First, you need to set font sizes in both tables (I did that prior to calling this module)
Then you need to clear the data table (not header) and reload it.
I set the font sizes again after reloading because this module is called by screen initialization (doesnt hurt to do it twice
Then you need to rebuild the data table to the container (Table)
Then Match the TV you use as the header to to the container

I found this to be the most rapid way to refresh the TVs. I allow the user to set font size up or down and they are free to do it rapidly if they want. This method repaints very quick for me. Hope this helps.

BTW: you cannot assign "create empty list" directly to the TV, tried that and dint work :wink:
Strange but you must assign a global list that is empty to it and it works fine.

there is a build in block 'joint list with seperator' to do this part.

1 Like

You should use a clock timer to set the matching headers, this gives both table displays the time needed to format and display correctly.

After some changes, I don't remember which one, this error appears, what can I do to understand what it depends on ?

You will have to debug by undoing the changes one by one til you find it :slight_smile: