Students having issues connecting to iPad

ai2.appinventor.mit.edu

Just chiming in to say that I have the same issue as Lori. Stuck with Chrome and iPads and the issue is new to this week as well, so seems like it may be a Chrome update issue then. The workaround provided seems to work for now. It's very interesting because the app and iPads work fine, but the more we use App Inventor, the more computers start dying off.

I guess for now I will see if I can get my IT dept to downgrade chrome (lol, doubtful). Hopefully an update can come soon to fix this issue!

Thank you guys for your support.

Hi @shaun.young,

Thanks for the feedback. Are you also using ai2.appinventor.mit.edu? Or are you using code.appinventor.mit.edu?

I am also using ai2.appinventor.mit.edu

I will try the other one and report back.

Edit: code.appinventer.mit.edu has the same problem of not loading a project.

Yes, that's fine. We are determining how to prioritize the rollout of the fix.

Seems that this fix also fixes the issue with iPads for me. Should I try to get my IT department to push that out to all the browsers in my lab, or wait and see what you guys come up with?

1 Like

I seem to have gotten, somewhat fixed, but my chromebook would keep getting disconnected with a network error. It mostly happened when I tried to switch screens, but I got that fixed, but whenever I minimize the companion it always disconnects. You might want to check that out. Thanks.

We've deployed a temporary workaround on ai2.appinventor.mit.edu for the Chrome 94 change that prevents connections to the iOS companion.

1 Like

If you're using iOS, the problem here is that Apple allows apps to run in the background from about 30 seconds before closing them. If you're live testing, you'll want to keep the companion app open otherwise the browser will no longer be able to talk to the companion once the background server is stopped.

1 Like