Storing and getting values from tiny db

Hello guys. I'm trying to store the values and attach them to a particular date, so next time when the date is opened the values can be seen. My problem is that after saving all the values, closing the date and opening it again the same value is shown everywhere, also canvas's background doesn't show at all and spinner's choice neither. Here are some screenshots of running app results and the storing values code parts.
I'll be very grateful for your help and suggestions!

I would usually store all my values in a list, then save that list to a single tag in tinydb. Then all I have to do is call back the tag e.g. date value, and assign values.

2 Likes

yeah I tried to store in a list, but I just don't understand how to get those values later. like for example, set- Textbox1.text - call TinyDB1. GetValue tag -? I don't really understand what I need to do then

You might find a dictionary easier to use because that gives you key:value pairs to work with...

1 Like

could you give me some simple example please, like how to store a few values using dictionary or list and then get those values?

So basically if I want to store a huge bunch of data, instead of using these

I can use this, which saves storage space.

In this instance, if I want to get TAG1, I can call this:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I'll try it

1 Like

If it does, it's a tiny amount that needn't be of concern. Sorry Gordon but your example is too broad - in terms of storing and retrieving, there is nothing to chose between the two methods as shown.

1 Like

You can save and retrieve those from TinyDb too.

So here is an example based on storing a whole List under a single Tag in TinyDb, where each Tag is a Date. It's roughly based on your Screenshot to help you understand how it works. It also demonstrates the huge value of giving components meaningful names.

StoreValuesByDate.aia (7.4 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.