Stack Overflow Error... Why my app stops?

hi

i’m at the beginning of the app i download data from google sheet it’s ok
i use one extension TaifunTexbox for the bloc when TaifunTextbox AfterTextChanged
it’s not the first time i use it
i use the handwriting input from google without activity starter
even with another keyboard it stops !!!
there is something strange i had could use my app for than hour before it stops each time i use the companion to test it
i remember that i have reinstall the compagnion but even when i install my app it stops
i can’t see which bloc can create that
it’s hopeless and there are not yet the blocs about Firebase :o)

regards

Please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are trying to achieve,
what you have done so far, what works, what doesn't work...

Please show your relevant blocks,
if relevant, your data or lists,
screenshots of the Designer screen or app in action,
so we can see what you are trying to do...

Right Click in Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image"
for the best image of your blocks.

Also:

What does Firebase have to do with this? what blocks are not there ?

hi
what i’m trying to do ?
it’s capture the input of handwriting text that i’ll compare to words or expression saved in a list
it worked for a momment and now doesn’t work anymore

regards

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

you might want to use logcat to find out more about your issue
https://community.appybuilder.com/t/capturing-device-logs-using-adb/83?u=taifun

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

hi

for now i have reduced the blocs and even with these two only blocs my app stops (even on another device):

blocks (1)

Furthermore i got this error

Capture d’écran (18)

ADB it’s so recent for me …

Regards

you created an endless loop…

after changing the text in the textbox the AfterTextChanged event fires, there you change the text to uppercase, the AfterTextChanged event fires again, there you change the text to uppercase, etc. etc.

you might want to add a global variable as flag, let’s call it alreadyChanged, so after changing the text to uppercase set that flag to true and later if it already is true, do nothing and set it to false again

if alreadyChanged
  set alreadyChanged To false
else
  set alreadyChanged to true
  continue here with your further processing 

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Hi

Marvelous !

Without your intervention i would have been stucked endlessly

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.