Spreadsheet Error

Hello. I am trying to use the built in spreadsheet component connected with Google Sheets. I have been able to code it so that the spreadsheet can save data, but when I am trying to display that data using a graphing extension it does not work. As shown in the attachment, I am reading the sheet with 3 separate filters and calculating how many times each word has been inputted. Then, I am trying to graph all that data. However, I am having an error as when I try to load the graph the app crashes. Also, at first I was getting an error code that said "quote in unquoted cell".

First job is to check the values being returned by the spreadsheet for each item. Are they valid numbers for including in the chart?

Don't expect to see any data in those three global variables in the screen initialize event. It's too soon.

The sheet queries haven't yet finished.

How can I fix that?

Still seems to not work. The app says that it is not responding.

read data 1,
after you got data 1 then read data 2
after you got data 2 then read data 3
after you got data 3 then display everything in the chart

Taifun

1 Like

Is this correct? I have no idea why it keeps crashing.

are you only interested in the length of the data? and not in the data itself?
what about displaying the result of each query in a label to find out what you get?
same with the global variable data...

Taifun

Yes, I only want the length of the data. I want each variable to save how many times that certain feature has been used and saved in the spreadsheet.

The spreadsheet component has an error catcher event block where you can notify the user of what went wrong

You need to set a header list in your chart data, e.g.

Thank you! Still crashing though and I have no idea why it just says app is not responding.

(Canned Reply: ABG- Export & Upload .aia)
Export your .aia file and upload it here.
export_and_upload_aia

graph_cloud_db.aia (20.6 KB)

Could it be something to do with the fact that some of my data is in time format? e.g. 4/7/2024 11:00:00

Date Time columns should be numbers, with formatting as dates.

Don't use string as a data type for dates , because it complicates sorting and selection.

After adding error catchers and default global init values and allowing text userIDs, I got this error message:

Here's what I added:

Screen1:
blocks (1)

chart:
blocks (2)
blocks (3)
blocks (4)
blocks (5)

Since you ignored my advice of 3 days ago to add these, I will give you 3 days to read this.

AI2 gives awful error messages sometimes.

Your root problem was trying to add rows to a newly created sheet before the sheet was created.

Here are working blocks:

So besides ignoring advice, you also ignore reading the blocks pallette for the components you use, to see what events occur after completion of operations.

And the AI2 spreadsheet error catcher needs more common sense.