Spinner Elements help

I have a spinner that is populated from a list. One of the elements is " Add a new element ". When selected, a textbox notifier pops up and allows the user to enter a new element. The problem is, if they press cancel, the word cancel appears in the list as a new element. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to set a conditional check (if/else) in your text entry notifier event.

if (upcase) entry = (upcase) cancel
then do nothing
else
add new element

EDIT2 Like this Bob:

AddSpinnerElement.aia (2.8 KB)

1 Like

spinner_elements.aia (2.5 KB)

Bob, Try this

1 Like

Your code fails, as my original code also failed. Yours fails because 'Cancel' is all upper case on the Notifier.

Its Works For me!

That's what I thought - but, type something into the Notifier text box and then hit Cancel,,,,,,,

Neither of you handled the spinner selection issue (set a title to the first selection, so that all real selections can be made, repeatedly)

upcasing Cancel on both sides ensures variants of Cancel are handled (different devices with en language)

1 Like

Not specified!

SCAR_Recording_13659883607344

.... you have changed your code?
Your original code:

No, I'm Not changed it!!

The difference is, 'Cancel' and 'CANCEL' as TimAI2 said before - to cater for both versions, you must upper case the response and the comparator.

1 Like

This Should be work

...but it's an ugly comparison when it could be elegant.

1 Like

spinner_elements_1.aia (2.6 KB)

Now its Better :wink:

1 Like

Even better....

spinner_elements_2.aia (3.3 KB)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.