Special characters in TinyDB tag

Hi, when using the TinyDB I have noticed that if a "+" sign is used in the tag an error is thrown when trying to retrieve data. I have got around this by using 'replace all text' and changing the "+" to "plus" and then when I retrieve the data (tag) I change it back again before putting it into a list picker.
My question is are there any other special characters which will also throw errors if used as a tag (and or value) in TinyDB thanks for the reply

I am not able to replicate this issue with TinyDB. Can you provide a screenshot of the exact error message you're getting, or provide a sample project that reproduces the issue?

thanks for your reply, it throws this error Run Time Error The operation select list item cannot accept the arguments: , [""], [1] Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds. when the listbox item with the + is selected, any other item without a + is ok I have tried to replicate it with a small sample app but it does not throw an error the same as you have I'll have to investigate further if this is not an internal problem

This is not a problem with TinyDb, nor is it a problem with another component. The problem is in your coding. It looks like you are trying to select 1 item from an empty list.

your error message is
The operation select list item cannot accept the arguments: , [""], [1]

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

thank you I will have to investigate further

thank you for your reply, trying to identify which blocks I need to send will take me a while as my project has managed to bloat itself to 4700 blocks and still growing (albeit now very slowly), I will post them as soon as I can. At the moment the work around is working

well, where do you use the select list item block?
and when does the error occur... there you go...

Taifun

there are rather a lot of them, I will spend some time and try to follow them and then post them.

thanks for your help, I try not to repeat myself, but this is my first project although I have prior programming knowledge on windows pcs I know the code I have can be greatly improved. AI is getting very slow though but luckily I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

If your number of blocks grows along with the size of your data,
that light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.

Read the Don't Repeat Yourself article.

1 Like

it does not matter how many blocks you have...
the question is, when does the error occur? for example after clicking a button? then just look into that button click event and check your blocks there...

Taifun

thank you for your suggestion, I have found out the problem I was trying to access data in a list when the length was wrong

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.