Sorry, file to rotate does not exist (Image Extension)

Block Code:

When pressing the rotate button (calling the rotate), It spits out the error "Sorry, file to rotate does not exist".
Already downloaded an example project that uses this kind of code which is this:|
And it seems to work fine. I am using Taifun's Image extension. Not sure if it's a bad download of the extension but I've downloaded it and tried a few times already from this link:
App Inventor Extensions: Image | Pura Vida Apps
Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

where is your image?
which Android version are you using for your tests?
from the documentation App Inventor Extensions: Image | Pura Vida Apps

Rotate a jpg image file in the ASD - application specific directory

Taifun

1 Like

Hi,
I'm using the image captured from the Camera component, then setting it to an Image component. Another Buttton is used to try and rotate the image.
I have my default file scope as legacy since the camera component doesn't work properly with permissions otherwise. I also saw in the latest version that the extension has an update regarding the directory. If this is the case is it better if I use an older version of the Image Extension?

Thanks

what about answering the questions?

in case the image is not in the ASD, first copy the image to the ASD and then rotate
Taifun

1 Like

Right now I am using the image object directly from the camera component. I am running Android 12 on Pixel 3XL

ok fine...
it looks like you do not know how to find out, where the taken image is stored...
you might want to assign Image.Picture to a label to find it out...
another possibility is to use Do it...

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here https://puravidaapps.com/learn.php
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Thanks! I see now how to do it. Having the labels really helped out in visualizing the storage names, that was the big thing that was unclear to me. Just a simple copy/move to the ASD did the trick.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.