Simple app size

hello
i created an app that have 2 textboxes 1 label and 1 tinybase component it just save what in the text box into the tinydatabase.
i realized that the app size is 3.3mb it is normal to be 3 mb for a simple app or there is something wrong?
thank you

1 Like

Yes that is about right.

For me a completely empty project compiles to 3.5mb, the aia is 924 bytes.

1 Like

yes it looks normal don’t forget that after unpacking on the end-user system it will have data + cache so the storage will increase based on app code for sure.

There are a lot of libraries that get pulled into an App Inventor app. For example, it’s possible to set the background image of the screen to be an image from the web, so there is code for loading images and such. We also include a number of Android core dependencies like the “Android Support” libraries, such as the AppCompat library to support permissions handling on different versions of Android, Material UI styles, etc. Every release gets slightly bigger as inevitably Google adds more code to the support libraries and we add new features to the App Inventor runtime. In my opinion though, apps I make with App Inventor tend to be smaller than other apps I install on my device (Google apps tend to be ~100 MB), but that is just my personal experience.

1 Like