ShubhamText Extension [F/OS] - Set text styling for components

Hello !

I present you the ShubhamText extension. With which you can set text styling for components.

This extension is Open-Source at GitHub.

Supported Components : Label, CheckBox, TextBox-Based and Button-Based Components.

Blocks

This extension has 2 Event blocks, 17 procedures and 1 Component returning block in version 2.0.0 release.

I don't think there is anything to document, as everything it clear in method name and method description.

Open Source

This extension is Open-Source at GitHub.

https://github.com/SHUBHAMR69/ShubhamText

Downloads

Download the latest version at Github :

https://github.com/SHUBHAMR69/ShubhamText

Credits
  • To @TIMAI2 for helping me to add AppInventor Color inputs.
  • To @Gordon_Lu for reporting the problem about emailpicker.
7 Likes

You should enable your extension to use the colour blocks, not require a hex colour.
Like this:

4 Likes

Version 1.1.0 release

Added a new block to convert AppInventor Colors to htmlColors. This way, you would be able to use both AppInventor Colors and html colors.

com.shubhamr69.ShubhamText.aix (10.2 KB)

Blocks and Open-Source will be updated later due to some problems.

4 Likes

Can you implement underline feature please?

Your extension will be a big hit if you implement this feature, since App Inventor does not have this feature built-in.

1 Like

Nice try. Quite an improvement compared to your previous extensions.

Here are some of my suggestions for your extension.

1. It would be nice if you would add a direct download link to your extension in your original post as well. In that way, I do not have to travel through websites to download it and it makes debugging much faster for me.

2. Works for all button-based, labels, checkboxes, but does not support the EmailPicker, which is a TextBox-based component. I will re-write the code that supports this, and I will send it to you via PM in a few days if I can.

3. You should give credits to whoever you used work from, regardless of who, and how much.

image image

2 Likes

Didn't notice that.

It shouldn't be a problem to add. My code makes it easy to add new components and features.

@Gordon_Lu The underline thing you showed works only if you enable HTML Format.

I was about to give an update for subscript ans superscript today, but I'll postpone that until I solve these problems.

1 Like

EmailPicker Problem solved in seconds.

Just replaced TextBox with TextBoxBase.

Not updated the extension though.

1 Like

Version 2.0.0 release

This version has all the requested features along with some extra features.

• The Underline feature is added.
  • Strikethrough feature added.
  • Added Subscript and Superscript features.
  • Currently the Font feature is experimental and I can't test it due to some problems. Please help me test it if you can.

I had completed everything day-before-yesterday, but the release was so late because I wanted to use the @Asset, but it is not supported in Niotron IDE, so I had to try some alternatives.

I've also uploaded a Test aia at the GitHub repo.

Blocks

This extension has 2 Event blocks, 17 procedures and 1 Component returning block in version 2.0.0 release.

1 Like

ভালো (Nice!)

1 Like