SharingTools Extension [Free & Open Source]

Thank you very very very much @AvengerScarlet for your suggestion
I really appreciate it :star_struck: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

you're welcome! hopefully soon this upgrade will come :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I mean, Direct whatsapp share option aded

do you mean you want to send a message directly to the user?

Hi @Salman_Dev

Could you please provide a little more detail or a simple example of what is required in the listFilePath of your SharingTools.ShareMultipleFile block.

I've tried every permutation I can think of by adding individual .jpg file names to a list, pointing to a folder, etc, etc.

The SharingTools.ShareFile block works perfectly and so the individual jpg files are definitely accessible.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Okay, here's an example of the required data :

blocks

I hope you can understand :wink:

Hi @Salman_Dev,

Many thanks for the fast reply.

It seems I was pursuing ever more complex solutions when the problem was elsewhere - what you have sent works perfectly to generate the output.

The problem appears to be with my phone (Samsung S7E, Android 8) in that it will not actually send the attachments in native email, Gmail, Dropbox or Google Drive. WhatsApp is the only one of the available apps tried so far on my phone which does actually export.

Possibly some sort of security issue?

Thanks again,

Jim

1 Like

I'm sorry, I don't understand what is the problem, please more clearly
and I think it's better if we talk privately

When set up as you advised your extension DOES generate the required multiple attachments.

However, none of the apps on my phone that I listed actually deliver the attachments. For example, on the email app I get the message "Unable to attach file". The other apps don't give an error message.

WhatsApp works OK.

The SharingTools.ShareFile works OK in email with a single file.

1 Like

Okay i got it, for the SendMultipleFile function it can only send lots of files well on whatsapp and still not working properly in other apps, that's because there are probably two factors,
the first factor is because other apps still can't accept multiple files
and the second factor is because the code for sending multiple files to another app is different, but in my opinion the problem is not due to the second factor but the problem is in the first factor, because the code I use is very neutral and special so I'm not sure if my code is wrong. :wink:
And if I have time, I'll update my extensions when I find code that works more perfectly.

Best Regards,
Salman Dev

Hi @Salman_Dev,

What you say is very interesting.

Please don't misunderstand - I was not suggesting any fault within your extension. Whilst WhatsApp is not ideal I'm very glad to have some method for exporting multiple attachments and am sure the problem lies within my phone, its apps or the Android version. That may become clearer from any feedback from other users.

Look forward to any developments you come up with. I'm happy to test if that would assist.

Thanks again for your fast and helpful responses,

Jim

1 Like

Thanks a lot :kissing_heart:

Okay, no problem :grin:

maybe :face_with_monocle:

:innocent: :heart_eyes: :+1:

You're welcome :kissing_heart:

can i share multiple images to whatsapp by just one click?

what do you mean about just one click

Okay, I think you should try my extension so you can know how they work

i tried your extension and is is showing this.
blocks(2)
and this error in my phone

maybe i am wrong in bock section please can u guide me
can you share your aia file

1 Like

you need to put full path it cant take image from asset

2 Likes

Please take a look at this :

There seems to be issues with the paths → listFilePath:

So there is no path that works with listFilePath.
You should fix that.

Btw, in Kodular only this path (full absolute path) works:
file:///storage/emulated/0/foto.jpg

You have already got a topic about this in the Kodular forum. Please only ask in the forum of the builder you are using.