SetInputMode options for Lego NxtDirectCommands component?

Hello,

The Lego NxtDirectCommands component has a SetInputMode method, and I’m wondering what the different options that accepts are.

What are the available sensorPortLetter options?

What are the available sensorType options?

What are the available sensorMode options?

I’ve tried looking at the source code for the component and it hasn’t been very helpful :confused: I’m hoping someone knows of a different resource (besides docs or source) that documents these things. Or maybe someone here has trial-and-error-ed it until they found the options. :slight_smile:

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Any help is very much appreciated :smiley:
–Beka

1 Like

We might need to reach out to Liz Looney, as I think she wrote most (all?) of the LEGO code. I think some of it is also more apparent with the robot since the port letters are printed on the robot itself.

I also found this via Google: https://www.mindstorms.rwth-aachen.de/documents/downloads/doc/version-4.07/direct_commands.html

Thank you for the information! That link looks like a great place to start. But it looks like this is going to take a bit of time to dig into, and I have a busy weekend planned, so I’ll put this on my list of things to look into in the future.

Thank you for your help :smiley:

Supposedly there is some documentation from LEGO on the exact values the parameters can take on. You may want to see if they publish it on their website.

Will do o7