select list item: list index too large select list item: attempt to get item number 1 of a list of length 0: () end application " em portugues

Hi guys! What's up?
Well, I was wondering if someone could help me with the problem I'm facing with the app.
I'm starting a personal project, and on the login screen my app can't login.
I'm using the farebase database. ! with the registration screen, but when I try to log in with the data already registered in the database the following message appears:
"select list item: list index too large select list item: attempt to get item number 1 of a list of length 0: () end application"
Attached is the photo of my blocks assembly.
Could someone help me?
Thank'u and take care! :beijando coração:

1 Like

Have a look at what is coming back from from firebase in global dados_dados

You will also need to show us the code that saves the password in FireBase with the user name.

Please read this before creating a new topic

I also have a problem with the lists, I found the aia file of this project on the net that ended with the letter "o", I continued the project by inserting all the other letters you see.

But when I start the app and try to write the "o", for the encoding I get an error of index = 1 coome from images.

I checked everything and every letter is in the right place, I don't understand how this error is possible.

Or if someone knows how to send me blocks or suggest an extension, to encrypt some text, I would be grateful thanks.
I attach images and filesSecretMsg.aia (15.0 KB)

This gives no error:
SecretMsg (1).aia (15.1 KB)
Just made a small change:

However, your logic is not working for me.

your blocks look very cumbersome...
you might want to adjust @Italo's example from here
https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/t/convert-letters-to-ascii/8661/2?u=taifun

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

You've been super nice.
I understand for myself that you cannot ask to do the complete work for others, as you have done for me, but believe me sometimes even reading and studying you don't always understand what you study, especially when you don't know English and every once you have to translate and very often you can't do the translation because some explanations are made in images. and not in text.

Good morning, I'm still trying to figure out how to use your suggestion, but I just can't seem to do it.

I don't understand how I can translate one letter into another, I understand the asci translation etc .. I can't apply it, to encrypt and decrypt a text eg: hello world.

Thanks I'll try it, I realize that my logic doesn't work for you but I had nothing else to lean on, I don't understand anything about programming and besides I don't even have a diploma, even if I can make some simple apps that I have published, like (help help and another ten), I do not understand even reading sometimes the explanations what a cycle is and so on, usually with kilometers of code I can create apps that use only, if-then-else this also in programming with visual.net , but if you ask me to rewrite the same line of code by heart I can't do it, I have no memory of what I learn, but I go on taking pieces of code from the network or from code I have already written and I put them together to always do things luckily different, sometimes also interesting but simple, unfortunately this is my limit.
I am making a Chat and I find in addition to encryption many problems such as not creating errors if two intelocutori are sending the text at the same time, if you know how to do it again I would be grateful bye.

I tried it, but it keeps giving error when I write the (o) but especially when I tend to write more letters, now I'll try the one suggested by Taifun.
Thank you

Conseguiu? Estou como o mesmo erro e o meus blocos são iguais aos seus, também estava fazendo um projeto de login e cadastro