Screen recorder block?!?!

Hey ai-appinventor developers,

You should totally add on a screen recorder block that allows you to record what is happening in the app, and while you're playing it. I would like it because that would make making videos for class and youtube on it much easier.

-NetminderNo.9apps

1 Like

There is an extension for that:
https://puravidaapps.com/extensions/php

1 Like

Ok I'll try to add it on my school chromebook. Thx!

1 Like

You add an extension to your ai2 project, not your OS :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, I'm still new to this.

1 Like

Hello Alexander

For the purpose you describe, the screen recorder would not normally be part of the App you wish to record. It would instead be a services App, run at the same time to record your App. Most Smartphones already have this built-in, but you can also use one of many available on Google Play Store.

1 Like

The MEMUPLAY emulator has a screen recorder built in.

I haven't tried it yet, instead relying on my free Loom account.

1 Like

You wouldn't be adding a recorder to all your Apps though, better to use the phone's recorder or a 3rd party services app. Screen recording can be a burden, requires memory for recording and storage at high speed.

1 Like

I use Peek on my computer (Xubuntu Linux) when running genymotion, and can use the built in screen recorder on my Pixel4a.

1 Like

@vknow360

Can your extension record the app it is running in ?

1 Like

Yes, it can.
Once you grant the Screen Capture permission, you are sharing your screen which is converted into bitmap and gets recorded.
This process will continue as long as your app is running.

1 Like

@vknow360 How do you install the extensions for app inventor? And which extension is yours? @ABG I'm going to try to install Memu on my Andriod Zen UI pad. I'll tell you if I like it.

1 Like

Link to the extension (post)

2 Likes

@Alaqmar_Bohori Thanks.

1 Like

See the App Inventor Extensions document about how to use an App Inventor Extension.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

2 Likes