Screen number error

Hi, I added a few pages to my program today and got an error. Could this error be dangerous and destroy the entire program? The error was related to the number of pages. please help me.

Please send us a screenshot of the error, and your project's .aia file.

2 Likes

In case you try to add more than 10 screens you get a warning. It is advised to use less then 10 screens. See number 1 in General Tips and Tricks for App Inventor

2 Likes

Yes, this is dangerous ?

Have you read General Tips ? Do you really need so many screens ? Usually it is not advisable because if you don't switch screens correctly you will run out of memory

1 Like

What happens if the memory runs out?

App will close with OOM error - Out Of Memory error

Sorry, I did not understand, you can say better because I use a translator in Persian

The app will stop working

1 Like

Screens need a lot of resources - even 20 blank screens with nothing may cause errors. See how to add virtual screens that may reduce the burden of your app.

Check this out.

1 Like

Or God forgive me how much memory we have ؟

Yes, but this will also happen if there are only 2 screens. If the screens are switched incorrectly several times ...

1 Like

As with many things in life, it is often not how big it is, or how much of something you have, it is what you do with it that counts :wink:

See the advice above/below regarding the correct switching of screens to avoid memory issues, or better still, use virtual screens....

Use different screens wisely

If you decided to use different screens, then you should switch them correctly, else you will run out of memory after a while...      
The recommended method of switching screens in App Inventor
(Thanks Taifun)

Also see demo: multiscreen.aia

1 Like

I'm sorry, I did not understand much. Tell me how much memory the program has. Just tell me the number, please

We do not know. This is decided by the amount of free RAM available on your device, and by how you switch screens.
If you do not close screens before switching, the other screen(s) in the background can take up an immense amount of memory.

All we do is advise you not to use more 10 screens and to switch screens properly to avoid memory issues.

My friends, I only uploaded 200 photos, not much, and 20 pages

This is already way too much. You are expected to use 10 screens at most!

1 Like

I noticed you posted multiple topics about App Inventor.

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor’s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps - the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ‘teaches’ users how to program with AI2 blocks.

There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps.

How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...?.

Also do the tutorials at Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor 2.

1 Like

This might answer your question a little bit. Ignore the TextToSpeech part.

The best way is to upload your AIA file.

1 Like