Screen fixation

Hi, everyone, i have a trouble: i created test app but when i started test it on different phones and devices - i realised, that it's screen doesn't adjust to screen diagonal. I've tried to make fixation through mit app inventor but haven't succeed. Please, give me an advice how to make that screen fixation.

I don't get what you want to say, please elaborate a little.

Check in Screen1 properties that you are set to responsive sizing

Look, i have a test app, yes? And there is a special function when you develop apps in mit app inventor - screen fixation - it's a function which helps your app have the same view on different devices - phones, ipads, notebooks, doesn't matter. And i want to know how to make that fixation, because mit app inventor fixation doesn't work - I've tested it. Can you plz help me?

You can use Percentages, Fill Parent or Automatic to set the height/width because the size of a pixel will remain the same(and their quantity will change) but these values vary device to device. The only down side of percentages is that you cannot use decimal values as percentages which means that 1% will be greater than 1pixel

It was on, when i started app on another devices. On my own phone it's perfect, only on mine. Are they any other solutions?

Also have a look here:

https://www.professorcad.co.uk/appinventortips.html

I used only %

Which device do you have and on which devices does it not work?
Post a (test) aia.

It works, but really weird... I just don't know how to make the same screen fixation on different phones. Even if i use % - it doesn't become better.

How about answering my question.

Escuse me, I have a phone and tested my app on phones, my app is working, just it incorrectly shows screen elements.

Let us try again....

What phone do you have? (Name, model)
What Android version is your phone? (8, 9, 10, 11 ?)
What other phones have you tested this app on (that do not work as expected) ?
What android versions are those phones?

If you post a copy of your aia project here, we can have a look at it and see if there is anything prevents your app from displaying correctly on other devices.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for being absent, now I'll try to answer on your questions.

1. I have SAMSUNG Galaxy A6+
  2. 10th version
  3. About other I really don't know, it was tested by my friend, I suppose he has SAMSUNG J5 or like that.
  4. I will post my friends video, to let you see how bad it looks and also post an aia copy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uYRBYJKMdLWrIZO9SZgUIBTwTE2NTso9/view?usp=sharing - here is link to my google disk to download app.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NE9S3JMbKK8uJZcUiIq2xsoq8hQ8Y8vF/view?usp=sharing - and here is link to video of my problem.

Please, help me..

I am amazed it works at all.

You have 42 screens (recommended no more than 10, and even then). It appears that you have a l ot of repition in your screens (see below for advice on this)

From viewing the video (could not make any sense of the aia, which would only load after removing the 11mb of images) I am guessing you need to set the height of things to fill parent apart from the last arrangement that you want at the bottom ?

Use different screens wisely

If you decided to use different screens, then you should switch them correctly, else you will run out of memory after a while...      
The recommended method of switching screens in App Inventor
(Thanks Taifun)

Also see demo: multiscreen.aia

What are you talking about? I'm making a test. If i must make only 10 screens or my app won't work - i will through away that app.

it seems to be there is a misunderstanding between logic and data... with only one screen you can display as much information as necessary, you only have to use some logic and change the data to display on that screen...

you might want to follow the links @TIMAI2 already provided to find out, how to do it correctly...
see also App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

1 Like

Here is a sample project that presents you with choices that would take you from the Big Bang to MIT, like a maze.
It only needed one Screen, because it is table-based.