Saving Image to Gallery

Hi, I need to save an image to my gallery, but not from a canvas. What's the method to accomplish this?

Your image will need to be in Shared Storage to appear in the gallery. You may need to refresh the gallery with an extension to be able to see it there.

It was beyond my understanding. Please provide a brief explanation.

Use the GalkeryRefresh method from the tools extension

The image must be available in shared storage

Taifun

I get it, but what kinds of blocks can I use? I prefer it to be in the download folder.

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

I'm working on developing an app for resizing images.
Blocks:

Specifically, I want to save it in the download folder of the internal storage.

You just changed the goal posts .

Use an image extension to resize the image, the file component to copy it to shared storage and the tools extension to refresh the gallery

Taifun

I'm unsure how to proceed. What should I do?

In this case let me suggest you to do the tutorials to learn the basics

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Our Tutorials! to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.