Saving canvas like a jpg is ok, but cannot load it back

hello, i’m really new to app inventor but until now i was very pleased by his smart programming approach.

Simple stuff is made simple, but (quite normal), more complex stuff became hard to obtain :smiley:

By the way, this is the problem:
I have to make an app to sign a form, and i use a canvas (2 canvas for 2 signs) to save signs on the smartphone storage, in this way:

and i can draw the signs on the screen, i can clear the canvases and save the pictures, when the screen initialize, noting appears on them.

Someone could explain android filesystem architecture? Have i to use the “file://” in front of the path or not? how can i say the app to use only his own folder for internal storage?

thanks,

Federico

you have to use the correct path, this can be a full path or a relative path
the full path is file:///mnt/sdcard/AppInventor/yourFilename.jpg
the relative path is /AppInventor/yourFilename.jpg
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

thanks Taifun, but the path is relative to what? application folder? how is organized the android filesystem?

by the way, i solved (partially) using this path: /storage/emulated/0/firmaresponsabile.jpg in every case i have to point to the image file but “firmaresponsabile.jpg” only in the canvas save call.

works, but is not clear :frowning:

relative to the root of your internal sdcard
file:///storage/emulated/0 is the same as file:///mnt/sdcard (but this is more generic) and is the root of the internal (emulated) sdcard

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

1 Like