Same code but one is not working

Hello.

Im making the app where you can make a quiz and than upload it to the cloud db so that everyone that has the app can play it, but I ran into a problem while trying to make cloud db work. I want to show the name of the quiz so that you can click it and play the quiz, but my code doesnt work. When I try to do so in AI companion it says that I can only append to a list. I didnt know what to do so I tryed doing it in another project with the same code and it worked perfectly.

Both of the codes are the same, the only difference is in how much code is in the program itself, with the program original being quite a lot. I must finish the project in a week for a grade in school. If anyone know what I should do, please tell me.

This is usually caused by residue in CloudDB from earlier testing, where you are trying to AppendValueToList to a value that is not a list.

Use the Do It facility to run a block that sets the value under your tag to an empty list, to clear it, and to prime it with the proper data type to allow subsequent AppendToList blocks to work.

1 Like

Im sorry, but I dont quite understand the second part.

Here is a sample app that uses a CloudDB list value to store a list of Chess moves,
with different games under different tags:

In particular, see

f0d5532be467412a36073d4b6a926f4c3c347966_2_689x139

It still isnt working

Export your .aia file and upload it here.
export_and_upload_aia

Never mind, I figured that I would need Tiny Web DB for what I had in mind. Thank you anyway.