Runtime Error : Error from Companion: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String java.lang.Throwable.toString()' on a null object reference

I had created my app a few days ago and it had worked perfectly, but today when i tried running it, it showed me this error,
Bluetooth_App_ESP32.aia (28.7 KB)
Error from Companion: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String java.lang.Throwable.toString()' on a null object reference

I've uploaded both the .aia file and blocks image, pls provide a solution at the earliest

2 Likes

Did you update the companion to Version 2.66

4 Likes

Yes, I've updated it to 2.66 and my app is running. Thank you.

Sorry, I have no solutions...I am having the exact same issue. It worked last time I was in it, compiled it and have been using the app. It now does not work and I get that same error message.

Well, did you update your companion Charley?

as far as i know, i am up to date. How do I tell for sure though??

I uninstalled what I had, and reinstalled the app from play store, it seems to be better now. I am using the chromebook connection

Is there a comprehensive list of all possible errors whilst retrieving data, writing data, clearing columns/rows, etc to and from a spreadsheet? It would be easier to trap an error if I knew what they could be.

When you open the companion app, it should show the version of the companion that you are using. For my phone, it is not up to date; the newest version is 2.66 or 2.66u.

2 Likes

Thanks Gordon. I did check that, it seemed all right. I uninstalled the component and reinstalled it anyway. It works again on the chrome book, and my device version reports the same, 2.66, so I shall play with that and report in if anything is awry.

Cheers to all

Charley

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.