Request For FEEDBACK on Project Properties Dialog Project Proposal(2023)

Dear Community and Mentors,

I am excited to share with you all my Google Summer of Code (GSoC) proposal for this year! I have been working hard on it over the past few weeks and would love to hear your feedback.

My proposal is focused on developing a new Dialog from where we can change the Project Properties .

The Project Properties should be made visible in a separate Dialog rather than being in the Properties tab of Screen 1 in order to make App Inventor more user-friendly and shorten the development time.

I have included a detailed plan of action and timeline, as well as information about my background and skills.

You can view my proposal on the following link: GSOC 2023

I would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions from the community and mentors. Your input would be invaluable in helping me refine and improve my proposal.

Thank you all for your support, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards
Dhruv Patidar

2 Likes

Can we have a property to set the first screen to open? other than Screen1?

2 Likes

We can add ,Adding a property to set the first screen to open in MIT App Inventor can be a useful feature for developers. It can provide more flexibility in designing the navigation of an app and allow users to customize their experience. I will definitely add this property in the PROJECT LEVEL PROPERTIES .

Thanks for the Feedback

Hello Dhruv

Firstly, let me say that this is a good idea in principle, I like it a lot!

"Faster and Better App Creation" - yes.

"this will reduce the confusion that many users experience" - in all my time I have never had even one User confused about the Attributes Pallet.

Replacing the Screen Attributes Pallet will be great as that means the Components and Media lists can be wider.

There is a related issue but I doubt you would have time for it - not every Attribute is available as a Block, which could make a massive difference in efficiency.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. While it may be true that you have not encountered any users who were confused by the Attributes Pallet, it is important to consider the possibility that some users may find it overwhelming .

The problem is that "not every Attribute is available as a Block, which may significantly increase efficiency." is really important, and sometimes I also find it challenging to go into Designer and alter the attribute.

More attributes being made available as blocks will allow users to obtain all the settings they require in a single location, accelerating platform development and improving user experience.

I'll do my best to consider it.

Thanks for the Feedback