Request for assistance with Python code translation and execution

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently working on a Python project and I'm seeking assistance with translating and executing the following code.

python

Copy code

import subprocess subprocess.check_call(["pip", "install", "requests", "googletrans", "edamam-api"]) import requests from googletrans import Translator translator = Translator() app_id = 'APPID' app_key = 'APPKEY' while True: original_text = input("Enter the food you want to search (or press Enter to exit): ") if not original_text: break original_lang = translator.detect(original_text).lang translated_text = translator.translate(original_text, src=original_lang, dest='en').text url = f'https://api.edamam.com/api/nutrition-data?app_id={app_id}&app_key={app_key}&ingr={translated_text}' response = requests.get(url) if response.status_code == 200: data = response.json() calories = round(data['calories'], 2) protein = round(data['totalNutrients']['PROCNT']['quantity'], 2) carbs = round(data['totalNutrients']['CHOCDF']['quantity'], 2) print(f"The food '{original_text}' ({translated_text}) has {calories} calories, {protein} grams of protein, and {carbs} grams of carbohydrates.") else: print('Error retrieving nutritional information.')

I'm having trouble with understanding certain aspects of the code, as well as its execution. Specifically, I would appreciate assistance with:

1. Understanding the purpose and usage of the googletrans and edamam-api libraries.
  2. Clarifying the functionality of the code within the while loop.
  3. Confirming the correct usage of the API endpoints and parameters.
  4. Identifying any potential errors or areas for improvement in the code.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,
TIziano alenny