Request/ask permission for Read External Storage denied

My app inventor program want to read external storage (SD Card).
I am using command "Call Screen1.AskForPermission" with permission name "Permission ReadExternalStorage" to ask permission for read SD Card, but when I am running my application I got message "Error 908: The permission READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE has been denied. Please enable it in the Settings app".
I cannot enable it from the Settings app menu in my mobile phone.
Anyone could help for this problem?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

The following are blocks of code :

The program could be running well via MIT Companion although the permission cannot be granted.

But the program cannot show the mp3 list via apk.

Could that call to list_mp3 in the Screen.Initialize be too early?

It needs permission, but that grant has not completed yet.

The permission granted completion event is where it should happen.

Android version?
On Android 13+ you must request READ_MEDIA_AUDIO because READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE does no longer exist on Android 13+.

See also here:

Just out of interest, which Android 13+ device still has an external micro-USB slot for removable SD cards?

a lot of Samsung devices do have that, for example my Samsung Galaxy A54
EDIT: on that device I can choose, if I want to use a second SIM card or a removable sdcard

Taifun

1 Like

and

1 Like

Thanks, and luckily some also have a jack plug for headphones. I have never and will never use Bluetooth headphones (for very good reasons).

1 Like

Thanks for your input to request permission for audio.
Now well work as your input.