Remove or Filter a list

Good Evening,

Please could I get some guidance on removing or filtering a list before a list is made. I have 4 fields of data which all works fine, well it is 4 fields in GS. Now I have changed things slightly and now I have 5 fields of data, the 5th field contains 0 or 1 with no nulls. How would I remove all the rows that contain 0 and index 5, or only create a list where field 5 equals index 1.

What have I tried, see below, I have tried many combinations but sadly no cigar. I searched the forum but couldn't see anything too similar.

As always, many thanks

GC1

are you talking about a Google Spreadsheet and a table which has 5 columns?
you might want to follow this example App Inventor Tutorials and Examples: Google Spreadsheet Database | Pura Vida Apps
together with this query
select A,B,C,D where E matches '1'

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Yes data is from google sheets.

Is there no way to filter out of the tiny dB? Might be better to remove in GS before the data transferred.

Thank you for the link

you might be interested in @ABG's solution here

see especially the procedure WHERE_EQ

Taifun

You can request a filtered extract in csv ...
(from https://groups.google.com/g/mitappinventortest/c/lLUGkYwn7SM)

Thanks everyone for your assistance, I have opted to filter the data in the google script before it is received at the device.

Here is how it looks if anyone is interested in the future.

function doGet(e) {

if ( e.parameter.func == "static" ) {
  var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActive();
  var shProj = ss.getSheetByName("Projects").getRange('B1:F500').getValues(); **// where F=1**
  var shProjF1=shProj.filter(row=>row[4]==1); // <- new code
 return ContentService.createTextOutput(JSON.stringify({"Projects":shProjF1,

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.