Refresh Token example/ tutorial references?

Hi.

So, I am making a quiz for students.

I am using mitxtrem's s extension to login the user. I am updating score in the FIREBASE REALTIME DB by using "PUT" through a Web component.

Problem : I cannot "PUT" , or update score if the user has been inactive for more than an hour.

Solution :

1. I want to learn how to use/ implement the refresh token.

2. How to specify the validity of specific time period such as 1 day, or 1 week.
    So that the students/ users have to log in, say only once a day. Or once a week only to havebtye quiz available to them any free time without having to log in every few hours.

P.s ~ I have seen some tutorial on YouTube solving the same problem in other languages like flutter or react.

I am unable to transfer the ideas in app inventor.

Help please.
Thanks in advance.

I am making a quiz app for my students. They have to log in to do the quiz. Scores are stored in Real-time database.

I am using Mirxtrems firebase extension for sign up and signin.

After one hour of sign in, the app "refreshes" and we habe to log in again. It's a bummer for students.

How to use Refresh Token so that my students/ users have to log in only once a day, or once a week.

As far as I am aware, there are no easy methods (if any) for handling refresh tokens with firebase components and extensions, and the REST api does not provide a method.

1 Like

That said, see here from Kodular forum

I believe he uses the paid for Firebase AddOn extension from Carlos Pedroza

1 Like