Reading csv file containing Arabic characters

I tried to read csv file containing Arabic characters but a dialogue text shown ( Select list item: Attempt to get item number 1 of a list of length 0: I )
note: I already changed the File_origin to "Unicode (UTF-8) "

Hello,

that error seems to be due to handling a list. Trying to get the item 1 from an empty list.

Arabic characters are not a problem if you have saved it with UTF-8 encoding and csv extension.

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Also show the csv file.

Maybe it's not really csv?

Find a doctor.csv English version is work well ! But other file is shown that there is an error

can you share the problematic csv file?

Taifun
PS read my previous message again and take a good quality screenshot next time

Find a doctor Arabic.csv (8.3 KB)

I'm able to read the file correctly

so maybe the problem is later, in other logic?

have you checked if the file is read properly?

Can you share your blocks?

1 Like

As already mentioned earlier, move the 2 procedures into theFile GotText event

Taifun

I try by it doesn’t work !

blocks (2)

Process the content of the file after reading and not before

Taifun

1 Like

And, in addition to Taifun advice, you are reading the file into "FileNameList" variable...and in DisplayRecord procedure you are trying to get items from OuputNameList...where is this second list populated?

1 Like

Sorry, I didn't share all blocks!

Use Do It to debug your code and check if first FileNameList has the content of the file and then check if OutputNameList is also populated.

For example if you are using these buttons, in Arabic, the list OuputNameList will be empty:

and then it will fail when calling to DisplayRecord procedure.

1 Like

NotePad++ sees 32 commas in 8 lines.

That averages out to 4 commas per line, for 5 items per table row.

I don't see you asking for item 6 anywhere, but it would be cautious to add length of list checks anyway before selecting items from rows.

2 Likes