Random messup in block view

Over the past few weeks, i noticed that the blocks can sometimes mess up randomly on itself. e.g. on a click of a blank place, all blocks may be rearranged suddenly all over the place, and sometimes, even loss of blocks on its own. Also, right click shows the grid instead of the dropdwon menu. Not sure why this happens and how to avoid it.

1 Like

(changed category)

Could you please provide a screenshot?
So far, nothing of this sort has happened on my end...

wish i could prepare for such random occurences so that I could take a clip

1 Like

just now, when i right-clicked, the dropdown menu flickers (not showing up solidly) and the blocks are shifting places then i heard a thump. i don't know what happened, sth might have been deleted i guess. :weary:

1 Like

If you're running on Windows 10, next time you visit App Inventor, could you please use Windows Game Bar (try Windows + G) to record?

record the whole time i'm using ai?

1 Like

You have an option to save the previous 2-2.5 minutes of what's happened on the app you were using. Click on that one (I'm not sure which button it is though).
This is getting #off-topic, for more clarification, please PM me instead.

will try it

I think it's not an issue but sometimes it happens maybe due to lagging.

1 Like

when the blocks mess up, it stays that way

1 Like

i tried it again, it can reliably reproduce the problem (at least in the past few minutes). when i right click, if a menu shows up, it will be ok. when the menu does not show up, the blocks shift places. click the first time, menu shows up, the second time, blocks shift. Tried windows G, does not work (when it's open, app inventor not responsive).

1 Like

Do you have a spare mouse available?
They wear out.

not using a mouse, on a laptop

it never fails on other places/programs

I have had over-sensitive accidental reactions from the touchpad on my laptop, so I added a wireless trackball with scroll wheel. Problem avoided.

1 Like