Query working on 1 Google sheet but returning ERROR on another sheet

Continuing the discussion from Maximum Date/Timestamp:

=sort(filter($A:$D,match($A:$A,query($A:$D,"Select max(A) GROUP BY B ORDER BY max(A) desc LABEL max(A) ''" ),0),match($B:$B,query(query($A:$D,"Select B, max(A) GROUP BY B ORDER BY max(A) desc LABEL max(A) ''" ),"Select Col1"),0)),1,FALSE)

@TIMAI2

u had helped me iin this one earlier.
I copied the same formula onto another sheet for office use, but its returning an error

and the error is ?

Check all the cell references and that you have data to query (sounds silly but it happens...)

I guess there is some fiddling around been done on the cells for data type. I created a new sheet and used ur formula. It is working. So I am creating a NEW sheet for office use. I am sure it will be good to go !

@TIMAI2

Strange !!! It is giviing a Formula Parse ERROR. The new Sheet is on the Office account. A new sheet I created on my account is workiing fine
!

On my test file, the range of cells is showing in orange and other colours. On the office file it is showing in BLACK. if I change COMMA to SEMI COLON, then it changes to orange and other colours and identifies the cells on the sheet. But still returns error !

@TIMAI2
Request assist

Looks like a locale issue as you say, the cell references are not taking. Either change the locale of the sheet to "en" or edit all the commas to semi-colons....

Done that .... stilll returning ERROR

@TIMAI2

Fiddled around .....
Its Worked now !
I guess ur sheer presence around makes things move in MIT !
Tx a ton !

The correct formula for the France locale:

=sort(filter(Sheet2!$A:$D;match(Sheet2!$A:$A;query(Sheet2!$A:$D;"Select max(A) GROUP BY B ORDER BY max(A) desc LABEL max(A) ''" );0);match(Sheet2!$B:$B;query(query(Sheet2!$A:$D;"Select B, max(A) GROUP BY B ORDER BY max(A) desc LABEL max(A) ''" );"Select Col1");0));1;FALSE)

The changed the Locale to India !

India changes all the semi colons back to commas....

The semi colons have stayed !

I will register this
and replace the formula used earlier with this new one, in case of issues !

For me, if I paste the formula into a spreadsheet with locale UK or India, then change the locale to France it automatically changes the syntax.

So much for Globalisation ! We are still stuck to locale syntax !!
Issue registered !!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.