Query about making a app

Hello, I want to create 2 apps. First should be the app for admins where admins can upload files through the app and it will be reflected into the second app which will be the app for the members... Please help... Let me know in case more details are needed...

Welcome Tech.Geek to our community!

You can use Firebase Storage. Firebase Storage is used to upload and get files.Extension link here: https://community.thunkable.com/t/free-firebasestorage-extension-v2-0-new-version/8544/49

Thanks for answering... I wanted to ask one more thing, is there any other alternative?

Tiny DB is not on our choice, because each App Inventor app will have its own database, and will not share data with other apps that use Tiny DB.

From the documentation:

When you are developing apps using the AI Companion, all the apps using that Companion will share the same TinyDB . That sharing will disappear once the apps are packaged and installed on the phone. During development you should be careful to clear the Companion app’s data each time you start working on a new app.

However, you can use Tiny DB if you can manage to combine those 2 apps into 1 app, just using different screens and login system to indicate the user is admin or basic.

While File component is also used to store files, the files are stored to user's phones, so the users can find the files in their device storage.

Tiny Web DB may work, only if your files satisfy the following conditions:

1. Your files are text, not pictures, videos, audio or anything else.

2. You have enough internet access, see this from the documentation:

Although this component is usable, it is very limited and meant primarily as a demonstration for people who would like to create their own components that talk to the Web.

1. Your files have a 500-character limit and you can store up to 2,000 files. Adding more files than that number will delete old ones.

You can use Google Drive / your own file server with DB / cloudDB / cloudinary / other online storage solution to store your files, depends on file types and sizes as to the best option to select. If you provide more information about the files you need to provide to the apps then we can advise on the best solution.

2 Likes

Thank you for answering...

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.