QR code scanner

Hii ive recently wanted to make a qr code scanner and I want the result read from the QR code to be on another screen. however I cant see the Barcode Scanner i used on the first screen if i change the screen so i cant use "get result". What can i do? thanks

on screen 1, scan the qr, save it to tinyDB.
on Screen 2, retrieve the result from tinyDB.

2 Likes

im sorry im very bad at app inventor how do i save it to tinydb thanks!!!!

faq tinyDB

1 Like

hello im currently working on a project where we are required to make an app for people to scan a qr code of a food product and show the recipe of it but each step has to be on a seperate screen. i have no idea how to make it. can anyone help thanks!!

perhaps something like this:

• build an app that can scan a QRcode of a food product. There are examples in the community.
  • use the product code to point to a recipe stored in your app or linked to a url or you could use QRCodeCreator extension to build a QR code icon that when scanned shows a recipe associated with a particular code. Do you have a table of product codes and an associated recipe? If you do not you have a problem. Is this a school exercise? Then you can create your own.
  • scan
  • determine recipe to associate with a specific product code if 1234 then recipe2, else if 3456 then recipe 5
  • display recipe
  • another step depends on what you want to do :cry:

This depends on whether this uses real product codes or not.

Here are some resources to help you learn to use the AI2 tools. A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.

There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps

How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also look here App inventor español. Offline. Tutorial. Ejemplos. Instalación. Códigos. Juegos. Curso gratis de App inventor. and here Tutorial Index | imagnity for more tutorials including Imagnity.com List Tutorial, Mirrored - @Saj

Learn about components Component Reference
and visit the Library The MIT App Inventor Library: Documentation & Support Help>Library on the MENU

1 Like

hello thanks for your reply. It is a school project and we dont have real product codes. We need to save each recipe somewhere (i suppose google docs?) and make a qr code. However, I dont know how i can seperate the content in my google doc as each step has to be on a seperate screen. Do u know how I can do that?

• Google Docs not necessary, you could save recipe as an image or point to a recipe online or as a plain text file loaded into Media.

• you could use an actual barcode image you photograph from a product

Here are three possible out of very many ways that are possible.

Scan a can of peas to get either a url recipe link or post a typed recipe stored in Media.

Scan a bag of flour to get an image of a recipe stored in Media.

On most barcodes on packages the barcode number is part of the barcode icon.

has to be ??? of the recipe?? What if it has 25 steps; 25 screens is 15 too many! :cry:

• gather ingredients
  • stir together
  • put in baking pan
  • pre-heat oven to 325 degree
  • put in oven

Is this really what is expected? Every recipe step on it's own Screen? When we teach, we try to get students to re-use components and minimize the number of screens.

See Building Apps with Many Screens