Publish App On Google Play Store

Haha the similarity in name is uncanny! Thank you so much for your response! I apologize for the long delay in response, I had to put this project on the back burner for a while and am finally able to get back to it. I think the below covers all the questions I have. Thanks again in advance :slight_smile:

1) Target Audience and Content

The app is a timer, so I would assume I can target it to all ages. However the "Policy Requirements Summary" under the checkboxes say that all content in the app that could be seen by children must be appropriate for them. There is a link at the bottom of the app directing to my website, which is a holistic health site. Nothing on my site is inappropriate for children, but they also wouldn't be able to sign up for any of my services without an adult. Plus, the link in the snapshot to the COPPA site talks about data tracking of children under 13 and I just have no idea what my Wordpress website may be tracking about site visitors that I don't realize is being tracked. There are multiple forms where a child 13 or under could hypothetically submit personal information to me, so should I just say this app is meant for 18 or older to be on the safe side?

2) Data Safety

I did not add in any functionality to collect or track data. As mentioned before, I just have a timer and a link to my website for more information about the timer. So the answer to the below is "No" unless there are some default settings within MIT App Inventor apps that collect or share user data. I don't know how I would even know if there was?

3) Advertising ID

Again, I did not add any advertising functionality at all, but I have no idea if there is a SDK built-in that I should be reporting here?

Hello! I am following up on the above. If there is another thread I missed that covers my questions, I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

My questions are in regard to what is automatically included with an app bundle from MIT App Inventor, not anything that I personally put into the app.

Thank you!

And... what is your question?

The base App Inventor distribution does not include anything that relies on the advertising ID. You would only need to answer yes to this if you used an extension of some sort that relied on it.

2 Likes

Thank you @ewpatton for the Advertising ID response!

I had two other questions posted above on Aug 18th if anyone is able to advise on those. Again, any insight is much appreciated.

My app is also undoubtedly suitable for children under 5 years old, so I tried to declare it for all age groups some time ago. To make a long story short: There were problems after problems with the age restrictions and (family) guidelines, so I never tried again and have since declared all apps to be 18+ only.

If you still want to try it and end up having a good experience with it, let us/me know.

1 Like

.:question:.