Proguard issue while building an extension using the latest sources

I cloned the latest sources and while trying to build an extension using ant extensions -Dproguard=1
I get the following error

No such file or directory: C:\DATEN\Git\appinventor-sources\appinventor\build\components\deps\google-api-client-beta.jar

Building without Proguard works fine...
Which files need to be updated? I guess others also will run into that issue...

Taifun

BUILD FAILED
C:\DATEN\Git\appinventor-sources\appinventor\build.xml:46: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\DATEN\Git\appinventor-sources\appinventor\components\build.xml:450: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\DATEN\Git\appinventor-sources\appinventor\components\build.xml:465: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\DATEN\Git\appinventor-sources\appinventor\components\build.xml:543: Can't read [C:\DATEN\Git\appinventor-sources\appinventor\build\components\deps\google-api-client-beta.jar] (No such file or directory: C:\DATEN\Git\appinventor-sources\appinventor\build\components\deps\google-api-client-beta.jar)

In line 600 of the build.xml file (components subdirectory) there it seems to be

Hmm. I wonder if there's a better way of structuring the proguard task so we don't have to enumerate all of the JARs like that. The idea behind the deps folder is that it contains all of the JAR files, so a glob ought to do the trick but I'm not sure that it would work with the libraryjar element.

Actually, we did implement it this way in the extension template repo, so we should probably just apply that adjustment to the main repo.

@Taifun Please try merging Use globs for proguard library paths by ewpatton · Pull Request #2748 · mit-cml/appinventor-sources · GitHub to your branch and see if it solves this issue.

2 Likes

Thank you very much... this solves the issue...
Taifun

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.