Problems with Uploading Images

Students are having problems with uploading images. Whenever they click on upload file, the box for choosing their files on their laptops do not work.
I have been teaching appInventor for a while and I never had this problem before.
Can someone help me out?
Thanks

Marcos Teixeira from the American School of The Hague

Hi @Marcos_Teixeira Welcome to Community,

This is strange. :thinking:

I also haven't faced this issue.
Can you ask them to show a video recording of what is actually happening there?

I did myself on their laptops. Nothing opens up!

There's possibility that the browser doesn't allow file access.
You can upload files by dragging them to assets manager too.

2 Likes

They use Chrome. Other students in the same class do not have the problem. Weird!

That's really weird!
But since I am unable to reproduce the issue on my system so I can only suggest to try with the http://code.appinventor.mit.edu/ server.
However,

Also having problems this morning. Students can upload images, but they do not appear on the screen. Just a broken image icon.

Hey guys,

I did ask the students to try SAFARI instead, and then it worked. I believe it's a Google Chrome issue.

Thank you so much for your help!

Cheers,

It's a MacBook? That might just be the root cause...

1 Like

Is that a facetious comment, or do you have a reason / some evidence that having a Macbook is causing the problem?

1 Like

Didn't mean to be frivolous, sorry. I've had some experience with MacBooks myself, and App Inventor randomly doesn't want to connect at some times. No compilation/runtime errors seemed to appear, which was a bit strange.

1 Like