Problems with Firefox

I am experiencing the following issues with Firefox as some functions do not work correcly. I use Firefox version 73.0.1 (64-Bit) and Windows 10. I do not have the issue with Microsoft Edge (pre chromium)

1. Asset does not show up immediately after upload

However, the asset is shows up under “Media” after I refresh the page

2. Extension upload does not work

The extension does not upload and refreshing doesn’t help. Import by url works as expected.

3. “Download Blocks as PNG” and “Download Blocks as Image” does not work

The console output is SecurityError: The operation is insecure. line 9 > scriptElement:36. IIRC, the option to download all blocks as image worked a while ago in Firefox

Does anybody else have this problem with Firefox? Any help would be appreciated

All three of your issues work fine for me:

73.0 64 bit Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu Canonical 1.0 (on Xubuntu 18.04 LTS)

I can confirm all these are working fine for me.

My setup - Firefox 73.0.1 - x64 - Windows 10

I think your issue could be related to firewall.

Number 3 indeed seems to be a security issue. It does not work in Edge either. Could it be a problem that I’m not able to connect to https://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu?

EDIT: The problem seems to be that the image generated by svgAsDataUri is not CORS enabled

I’m having a similar problem in Firefox attempting to Download Block as PNG.
The web console shows:
SecurityError: CSSStyleSheet.cssRules getter: Not allowed to access cross-origin stylesheet ai2.appinventor.mit.edu:36
This occurs when I’m connected to http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/.

1 Like

We don’t serve ai2 over HTTPS yet, so if you’re attempting to do that you’ll run into a whole host of problems anyway. Can you try in a safe browsing mode without any extensions (e.g., HTTPS everywhere) and confirm whether you still see the issue? I cannot replicate this on Firefox 75.

The suggestion @ewpatton made did actually solve all my problems. Many thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.