Predictive textbox

Greetings forum members, I ask the following question.
Is it possible to create a predictive Textbox with words that I am saving in my TinyDB?

That is to say that as I write, it shows me words that I have saved in my TinyDB ....?
Thank you in advance for the answer

hi,
it can be done , but you have to save many words and letters and you have check if the typed is in the predictive words lists. Its little difficult.
~kaushik

Great
Do you have any small guide that can guide me to do it?
Thank you

You can use this extension https://aix.colintree.cn/en/extensions/AutoCompleteBox.html

1 Like

I did a sample based on a fixed source vocabulary a while ago, before the new dictionary data type became available, at

To rework it to a dynamic word base in TinyDB, I would instead of my dictionary global variable, use TinyDB, with lower case tags of minimum length 3, and for each tag have a list of all words containing that tag.

As the user changes the textbox.Text contents, refresh the ListView.Elements from the value in TinyDB from tag = downcase of Textbox.Text, default = empty list.

If TinyDB returned an empty list, add textbox.Text as an item to the previous tag's value list, as the user types ever longer words into textbox.text.

2 Likes

Thanks for your support, with this I have more ideas to solve my app

Just to inform, the predictive textbox you are specifying is quite a lot similar to a search box actually.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.