Populate multiple labels from dictionary

Dear all, I am two screens, one for inputting pairs of data (item, quantity), the other for displaying that data.

I can save the info inputted by the user to TinyDB, but I have no idea how to populate the fields on the other page with that data, so that each pair from the dictionary appears in the right place.

I've read all the dictionary block manual and checked other resources, but could not find exactly this task.

I would be most grateful for any help!

Cheers,
Mark
LearningDictionary.aia (5.0 KB)

I think this should work:

Thank you very much for your help! I didn't know about that "make generic" function, which solves a BIG question for me. I was wondering how on earth to populate specifc boxes with specif content.

However, I fail to follow your arrangement with that second intialize local block. How come that doesn't look like the first one on your picture?

Apart from that, I believe I have an exact copy of your proposal here

LearningLists_v2.aia (5.8 KB)

Also, on Screen1 of my app, which is the preferable way to save the values, with a dictionary or just lists (as in the disabled blocks)?

Not quite an exact copy. You need to add list_names local variable to the local variable block below . Use the little blue square , (mutator), to add another variable.

[EDITED]

Oh, I see!!!

LearningLists_v4.aia (5.8 KB)

still getting an error message though, and no values, after attempting to save no screen1

In any case, you've already helped me make a huge step forward with that "make generic" function

Have you modified the values ​​in the global variables? Because I made modifications there too.

Yes, I believe I have. I believe screen2 looks identical to yours. Perhaps there is an issue with screen1?

Let me post images of both screens here:

Screen 1:

Screen 2:

Also, here's the app itself:
LearningLists.aia (5.3 KB)

The difference is here. You need to practice comparing two pictures.

1 Like

That was it. Works now, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.