Please, help with the clock

I need help, well, basically I'm creating a quiz game, the player has 6 seconds to answer the question, otherwise he goes to the game over screen, this is working well, but there is a problem, when the player sets the timer previous phase doesn't stop counting, so if it reaches zero the player goes to the gamer hover screen, even if he is in another phase, the code is like this.

You need to know how to make the counter stop when the other phase opens. I would like a direct ''do this'' answer and not a link to read tutorials.

If a question is correctly answered, set Legenda1.Text to 6 again

Taifun

Thanks, but how do I do this? Which blocks should I use?

This can't be a serious question, can it?

Obviously the set Legenda1.Text to block, which is this one

together with a numeric 6 block

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/tutorials.html to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like

Yes, it was a serious question, you said what I should do but not how, maybe for you who are an advanced user this is easy and obvious but not for me, in the end I found a solution on my own.

great
please provide a screenshot of your solution then to help others with the same problem in future

Taifun

A post was split to a new topic: How to stop song when another specific screen opens