Play store key invalid

I bundled my app as a aab and uploaded it to the play store. It gives me this error:
Your Android App Bundle is signed with the wrong key. Ensure that your App Bundle is signed with the correct signing key and try again. Your App Bundle is expected to be signed with the certificate with fingerprint:
SHA1: B4:0E:11:F3:4F:AE:20:74:5F:02:AA:8A:CA:9E:B2:EA:52:40:B0:B2
but the certificate used to sign the App Bundle you uploaded has fingerprint:
SHA1: 7A:53:6B:F8:29:E6:94:A4:BF:BB:8D:81:54:46:56:00:2D:43:E6:2F

Please help!

Can someone please help me with this?

https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/search?q=signed%20with%20the%20wrong%20key%20order%3Alatest

1 Like

The app was built with the app inventor and I did not mess with the key store. Does this have something to do with googles signing. I don't really understand about how they insist they sign your apps for you but then make you sign your apps to upload them?? How do I sign it correctly?

Have you changed the way you sign, so did you recently switch to Google App Signing? If so, why?

I was able to fix it by deleting the app and starting a new one. The app bundle successfully uploaded then.

:question:
Explain this in more detail as no one else - including me - understands it.

I deleted the app draft (not just the release) in Google Play, and then started a new one. I uploaded a aab file again and there were no issues.

Ok, but I don't understand why deleting an app draft in the Play Developer Console and creating a new app would fix the (supposed) problem. So there must have been another problem with the old (deleted) app. Anyway, let's leave it at that.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.