permission.PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS google reject

Hi every one
is there any option to initiate a process whit an incoming phonecall but without using PhoneCall component because of Google's new policies do not allow the use of the permission android. permission.PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS easily. Applications that contain this permission are rejected. It is clear that the use of the PhoneCall component requires this permission by default

you already received several answers here

and you are using App Inventor, so why did you ask in another community?

The builders get more and more different and an answer in one community might not be the correct answer for the other community

Taifun

2 Likes

Thank you @Taifun for Your interest
I did this to solve the problem facing me and I thought it was permissible
So far, I did not get an answer to my inquiry, which is can I get the caller number while receiving the call without using the PhoneCall component ?
because it contains unacceptable permissions regarding google policies in my application

This is part of the Google support team's response to my request

• Requested permissions do not match core functionality of the app
    • You declared Caller ID, spam detection, and /or spam blocking, Device automation as the core functionality of your app. However, after review, we found that your app does not match the declared use case(s).
      You need to ensure that your app no longer uses PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS and READ_CALL_LOG; failure to do so could result in the removal of your app and may impact your developer account.

clarify , my app is to pronounce the name of the caller

if you want a problem solved, then you should ask in the community of the builder you are using... else you might get answers which probably will not work ...

you could modify the manifest and remove these permissions manually, see this tutorial, which also would work for your purposes...

then test your app if it still works without these permissions...

Taifun

1 Like

Or this:

1 Like

I will try do this manually
thank you @Taifun
thank you @Anke

I think something needs to be installed (java) :smiley: on my computer before using apk-editor-studio
@Anke :blush:

Show the complete error:

grafik

1 Like

This error was caused by java not being installed on my PC

I have manually removed the permissions as indicated to me. I watched your video and succeeded in manually removing the permissions from the apk file
But the app didn't work. It has lost its main feature which is obtaining the caller's number, showing the caller's name and pronouncing the name. And this error appeared in the picture
I also read an unhappy news today. I read that Google is working on adding a caller name pronunciation feature to its PHONE app :face_with_head_bandage: :frowning_face:.
2c613251-078c-4cc3-a7fc-255ff2dec4ba
thank you for your interest @Anke @Taifun

it seems to be, it is not possible anymore starting from Android 9, see also

and

see also TelephonyManager  |  Android Developers and CallScreeningService  |  Android Developers
which means, to get this information will only be possible for one app on your device

Telecom will bind to a single app chosen by the user which implements the CallScreeningService API when there are new incoming and outgoing calls.

Taifun

1 Like

@Taifun See this
https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9047303#exceptions

This document say that Caller ID, spam detection, and/or spam blocking apps will be exeptions!

This image shows that the application is a display of the caller's number and caller name (caller id ) (and pronouncing the name of the caller as well), however Google rejects the application
i dont know the reason of rejection

you might want to talk to Google and explain the purpose of your app
Taifun

@Taifun
I talked to them and this was their response

Thanks again for contacting the Google Play Team.

As mentioned previously, you need to ensure that your app no longer uses PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS and READ_CALL_LOG; failure to do so could result in the removal of your app and may impact your developer account.

As much as I'd like to help, I’m not able to provide any more detail or a better answer to your question. In our previous email, I made sure to include all the information available to me.

You should be able to find more about your issue here:
Developer Policy Center

If you have a different question, please let me know.

This is a standard answer from Google that certainly wasn't made by a human, but generated by a robot.
I received some with the exact same text.
One should ask persistently.

@Anke
When I checked the exception status carefully, I found that Caller ID, spam detection, and/or spam blocking ID was one of those exceptions.
So I sent them that I will add a feature spam detection in the application
I will create a database of numbers that are reported as spam
After that, I will send the application again for the review and see what happens
Thanks for your interest, I will tell you the results

1 Like

This post is one year old, still no solution. Now, I am using "call texting.sendmessage" and "call phonecall.makephonecall", got the two erro message (PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS and READ_CALL_LOG) plus another one about phone state or sth like that when testing with aiaccompanion on real device (android 10) even before i pressed the buttons to send text or make a call. My question is, are these two methods still usable due to changes in google policy? If I only need to change request for permission in manifest, where can i find the manifest file in App inventor? Thanks

I am using "call texting.sendmessage" and "call phonecall.makephonecall", got erro messages (PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS permission denied and READ_CALL_LOG permission denied plus another one about phone state or sth like that) when testing with aiaccompanion on real device (android 10) even before i pressed the buttons to send text or make a call. It asks me to change permissions in setting. Then I allowed the alcompanion app for phone and SMS in setting, but i still have the error messages. How do you fix this problem? Thanks