Permanently Save Image and Change Also

How can I save a image by the user for forever but whenever the user wants, then the user can change the image?

Do you want the image to be stored in the database or in local storage?

If I want both then how can I do that?

1 Like

is the image you want to save is the image that was taken using the image picker and then edited with the canvas component?

Yes I want a query in that also that how can we save canvas in phone gallery as image. But in this query I am asking that if we click a photo from Camera Component and then that clicked photo save for forever but when we want to change the photo we can do that like we do in DPs.

blocks (1)

I have done that but the image is not saving. I have to ask that why you put Label to save the image? Now also the image is not saving in the gallery.

1 Like

yeah I put a label because I want to know where the image is stored (path)

Okay but if I have to save the image in gallery then how can I save the image?

i dont get it wht do you mean

We have already shown you how to do this, several times....

I mean that if I get the name of the file in Label1 in which the image saved then how can I save that image in gallery?

Hmm, I'm still a little confused, let me give you an example.

I have done this but the image is not saving in Phone Gallery. I have used TinyDB because I have to show the image in another screen, this works properly but the image is not saving in Gallery.

you can see the image in your file manager

But I want to show the image in Gallery.

1 Like

use additionally the GalleryRefresh method from the tools extension App Inventor Extensions: Tools | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

I tried this but now also photo is not saving in Phone Gallery.

First save, then refresh...
Currently you refresh before the file has been saved...

Taifun

1 Like

@Sarthak

A howto (save canvas and view in gallery) was previously provided:

why do you ignore this ?

1 Like