[PAID] 🦻 Audio Capture Extension

Description

The Audio Capture Extension is able to capture the audio of other applications (usage type MEDIA, GAME and UNKNOWN) using the new Audio Playback Capture API in Android 10, see also this Google blog.
Minimum API level is 29 (Android 10)!!!
For details, example projects and documentation see here https://puravidaapps.com/audiocapture.php

Update Version 2 (2021, Jan 2nd): The complete functionality (Start Recording, Stop Recording, Shutdown Service) can now be triggered from the notification.
Also the notification is fully customizable (small Icon, notification title, notification text and the three 3 button texts for Record, Stop and Shutdown)

What is possible and what not?

It is possible to capture for example the audio of a Youtube video, a Whatsapp audio message, some music played by VLC Player, etc., it is not possible to capture the audio of a phone call.

What does the user see?

In order to capture the audio of other apps the user must grant the record audio permission to the app doing the capturing.
permission

Additionally, before a capture session can be started the capturing app will display the following "ugly" dialog to the user

dialog

The user must tap "Start now" in order for a capturing session to be started. A permanent notification will be displayed in the status bar for the user to start recording, stop recording or shutdown the service
screen2

Available Bocks

blocksA

Price

12 USD, Payment options see my webpage

Note

This extension does not work in Kodular, because Kodular still does not support AndroidX libraries.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

11 Likes

Wow, Nice Extension :kissing_heart: :ok_hand:

Great! Which audio format is the recorded file (wav, 3gp, mp3, ogg, m4a, raw / PCM, ...) and in which quality (bit rate (kBit/s)?

EDIT: Ah, got it.

Version 2 is now available

• The complete functionality (Start Recording, Stop Recording, Shutdown Service) can now be triggered from the notification.
  • Also the notification is fully customizable (small Icon, notification title, notification text and the three 3 button texts for Record, Stop and Shutdown)

Example Notification (including some Emojis)
screen2

For details see here https://puravidaapps.com/audiocapture.php

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

4 Likes

I try the application tester from Play Store. But it will crash when I pressed the Record button. I'm using Android 13